Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Birthdays Come But Once A Lifetime . . .

My birthday falls on Easter this year, which has never happened before and apparently will not happen again in my lifetime. The following is a fun email my mom wrote to me about this:

I saw another article in the paper yesterday about how rare it is for Easter to fall on your birthday. This should be a very special birthday for you, undoubtedly the only time Easter will fall on your birthday in your lifetime. Note the following quote from the Deseret News:

"Sunday will mark the earliest Easter the world has experienced in 95 years, and unless human life expectancy improves immensely, nobody alive today will see another Easter this early in the year.

March 22 is the first date on which Easter can be celebrated, and March 23 is the second-earliest. The last time March 22 hosted the holiday was in 1818, according to an online calculator posted by the U.S. Naval Observatory at aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/easter.php. A chart for recent years is also at the observatory's site: aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/easter.php.

A laborious check by the Deseret Morning News of all dates for Easter from 1800 through 2160 confirms that the next time Easter will be this early in the year is 2160.The check also turned up these Easter tidbits: The earliest it has been observed in the past 70 years was March 24, 1940, and March 26, 1989; Easter fell on March 23 in the years 1845, 1856, and 1913."

I hope you find this information scintillating and exciting, the kind you can't wait to share.

Well, mom, I did find the information scintillating and exciting, and exactly of the nature that I would enjoy sharing with others on my blog. In response to my mom's original email message, one of my brothers replied and told me I needed to update my blog. So, here you go Joey! ;) Honestly, I think Joey, Sabrina, and Scott are the only people who have ever even seen my blog, probably because it's not all that interesting to read about YW activities or VLOOKUP functions in Excel. Yawn! So, to my three fans (I know it's a stretch to call you "fans"), thank you for still looking at my blog occasionally even though it's rather dull.

As for my birthday being on Easter, I'm not really sure how Easter birthdays are best celebrated. Here are a few of my ideas:
  • Instead of an Easter egg hunt, have a birthday present hunt.
  • Have a bunny or egg shaped birthday cake.
  • Have egg salad sandwiches for birthday dinner.
  • Have Scott dress up like the Easter bunny.
  • Make my nieces wear their new Easter dresses to my birthday party.
  • Name my first born daughter Easter.
  • Change my last name to include the word, "egg", oh wait, I've already done that.

Well, it seems like I'm well on my way to maximizing the Easter fun. If you have any other suggestions, let me know. Only four more days . . .

7 comments:

Scott said...

I think it's safe to say I'm a fan of yours. With respect to your "Birthster Day" wish list, I thought we had decided we would name our boy Easter, you know like Nicholas Easter from Runaway Jury. I guess we have time to decide.

Melissa Egg said...

Oh, that's right! A girl named Easter would be so lame. It works much better as a boy's name. Easter Krueger Eggertsen. Easter Egg for short. I like it!

Natalie said...

Now you know that Sabrina's sister looks at your blog too. I didn't realize that Melvin Egg was you until today! I was intrigued by your birthday being on Easter. So, I'll be back...and I look forward to more YW posts. I have a blog solely for my YW calling. I need to update it.
www.queenclayton.blogspot.com

Melissa Egg said...

Thanks Natalie! I like looking at your blog too! I have my sights set on making that pizza dough recipe one of these days!

Sabrina said...

I am getting very suspicious about all of this picking out baby names. Hahahaha.

Scott said...

Melissa and I have always said that a blog would be our top choice for announcing when we're expecting.

dumars44 said...

Blogs are pretty much my favorite online medium.