Tuesday, April 1, 2008

De Todo Un Poco (A Bit of Everything)

Last night for FHE, Scott and I read President Monson's message in the April Ensign. It was a really great reminder that we all need to learn from the past, prepare for the future, and live in the present. I'm really motivated by acheivement so sometimes I spend a lot of time planning for the future and looking forward to the next milestone to reach. President Monson's article reminded me that once the plan is in place I should relax and enjoy the present. After the lesson portion of FHE, Scott and I watched 101 Dalmations (which he gave me for my birthday) and played Yahtzee. Very fun!

I tried out a new singing time idea in nursery last Sunday. I cut the fingers off a pair of garden gloves and glued little eyes on each finger. Then during one song I passed out the little "worms" and the kids got to make the worms sing along to the song. It was fun, but I think I need to find a better song to do it with. It shouldn't be hard to do though.

Tonight Scott and I are going to Opening Night for the Oakland Athletics. I'm pretty excited about it and Scott is extremely excited about it. This morning he put on his A's sweatshirt and I'm sure his outfit today will have an A's theme to it. It's very convenient to live only ten minutes away from the stadium because I'll have time to go home and change my clothes before the game. "Take me out to the ballgame . . ."

2 comments:

Scott said...

Ooh, the A's have their home opener tonight? That sounds like fun. Go A's, and have a good time!

Melissa Egg said...

Is this supposed to be an April Fool's Day joke? Because if it is, it's pretty lame. ;)