Monday, May 3, 2010

Our Trip to SLC

We just got back from a fun trip to Salt Lake City. Scott and I hadn't been there in over two years, and it was Matthew's first trip. We had so much fun! The highlight of the trip was meeting Marc and Katie's new baby, Grace. Here's Matthew with his newest cousin: On Sunday, it snowed a little bit, and it stuck to the ground on the mountains. So we made the effort to find a spot for Matthew to check it out first-hand: On Sunday afternoon, we walked around Temple Square. It was lovely with the spring flowers blooming. We put Matthew on the little pedestal where the brides generally have their picture taken: And we couldn't resist a family shot (well, Scott probably could have, but I was in a silly mood): We got a few pictures with flowers in the background too: This is as close as I got to the Family History library. When I was little, my mom would often have us come here with her, and I hated it. Now I think it would be awesome to spend a couple hours there to see what I can learn about my ancestors. Maybe next time.

The best part of the trip was spending time with our family. Here are a couple of fun pictures: At the airport we saw a whole bank of payphones. I figured I should take a picture so we can tell our kids what they were like. ;)


The answers to the game I posted last time are: C K D A J E B H L G I F

4 comments:

Kels said...

We were there last weekend too! Wish we would have known, we would have loved to see you guys!

Les said...

Looks like you had an awesome trip. I loved the pictures on the brides pedestal.

Katie said...

So cute. I need to get some nice pics at the temple since we live down here. Yours turned out so well! Liz beat me on the 1st birthday pics game. I was quite a bit off on some of them.

Scott said...

Kelsie, We saw Scott Chambers while in SLC, and he said he had seen you the weekend before, so I think we missed you by one weekend. Should have planned better! We're glad to hear Levi's done with his chemo! Hope all goes well here on out!